Summer Program - Wall Street Career Prep
The summer program is a weeklong classroom session combined with an internship at a financial firm. This weeklong program takes place near Wall Street in New York City, and aims to provide a real world understanding of our capital markets. The internship schedule and location will depend on the sponsoring company.
Students will learn how to best prepare academically and professionally. Students will find their schoolwork more exciting as they see the relevance and applicability to the real world.
Equally important, students will have a better sense of the specific career tracks within Wall Street and explore where their interest may be. Additionally, we help students land a Wall Street job or internship with resume review and interview practice.
The program is administered in an interactive and engaging manner. Instead of dry lectures, we relate case studies based on real experiences. We know that students learn better from dynamic and passionate teachers. Ultimately, what you remember from this program and how it shapes your future is most important to us.
This program is designed for university students interested in exploring a Wall Street career. The only prerequisite to attending is eagerness to learn.
What You Will LearnWall Street Roadmap
- Understand Wall Street opportunities and your best fit
- Better focus of your academic and professional efforts
- Foundation of Wall Street knowledge to build upon
- Work experience in finance
- Knowledge and confidence in interviews
- A network of like-minded students for mutual assistance
We guarantee internship placement for all our students. We have relationships with the leading investment banks, asset management and hedge fund in the world. Your internship will give you an opportunity to see the culture, the work and the people on Wall Street. The specific schedule of the internship can be mutually decided.
Sample SyllabusDay 1:
- Play the Trading Game
- Entrepreneurship and The Business Plan
- Venture Capital, IPO, Corporate Finance and Merger & Acquisitions
- Accounting and Valuation
- Case Study: Largest and most notable M&A deals
- Play The Investment Banker Game
- Speak with a Venture Capitalist or Merger & Acquisition executive
- Cash flow analysis and modeling
- Merger & Acquisition modeling
- Case Study: Private equity deal
- Self-Assessment tests
- Trading (Market making, prop, Hedge funds)
- Finance Products: Asset Classes & Derivatives
- Investments (Portfolio Manager, Analyst, Private Wealth)
- Portfolio Theory
- Play Investment Competition Game
- Speak with a portfolio manager
- Financial Engineering, Structuring and Risk Management
- Hedge Fund trading strategies
- Alternative Assets
- Generating trade ideas: arbitrage vs. relative value
- Case Study: Dissection of the world’s greatest trades
- Trade Idea competition
- Speak with a hedge fund trader
- Risk Management, Hedging and Regulation
- Behavior Finance, Psychology of Finance
- Auction Game
- Navigating Wall Street
- The work culture and lifestyle
- Landing a Job on Wall Street
- Career paths
- Academic preparation
- Resume review
- Interview techniques & Mock interviews
- Speak with a Wall Street recruiter
This week long session is available from July 9th thru July 13th. Classes start at 9am and ends at 5pm with lunch and breaks in between.
Registration and Fees
Tuition is $2500 for this summer program which includes the weeklong course and internship. Does not include transportation, room and meals. We can assist you with housing arrangements.